Back in August last year we brought you news of…
- The Chinese New Year is almost here, beginning February 7th and ending on February 13th. The first official day of the Monkey is February 8th, 2016!
- Chinese New Year falls on the first day of the Chinese lunar calendar. Traditional to the Chinese butcelebrated by many cultures around the world, Chinese New Year is celebrated for seven days. Celebrated in winter, Chinese New Year coincides with the seasons as a preparatory time before the coming of spring.
- On the first day of the Chinese New Year it is tradition to go house hopping, visiting senior members of the family to share good luck greetings for good health, wellbeing, longevity etc. for the year ahead.
- It also represents the start of a new business year. On February 22, the Chinese will celebrate the coming of spring with its Lantern Festival, complete with beautiful lanterns and rice balls.
- This year will mark the year of the Monkey which is ninth of the 12 animals in the recurring 12-year Chinese zodiac cycle. Monkeys characterised as quick-witted, smart, curious, innovative and mischievous.
- To celebrate Chinese New Year all Singaporean Associates who place an automatic order in BP2 will receive a special red packet for good fortune. Click here for details on this special incentive to start your new year off in continued wellness.
Tip for the kids from our very own Jaclyn Kwan: Never let your mum save your red packet, spend it for your happiness… and save the rest in your piggy bank 😉
GONG XI FA CAI from Mannatech!