Executive Director, Colleen Ryan Shares Her Experience "The goal of…
Instagram is a fun way to share updates and market your business through photos and short video clips. It’s an artistic community that provides followers a behind-the-scenes look at the culture of an organization. This mobile-based app is perfect for businesses, such as Mannatech, that are visual-based. You don’t have to be a photographer to successfully engage followers on Instagram. All you need is a smart phone with a working camera.
Don’t have an Instagram account?
1. Download the Instagram app from the iTunes, Google Play or Windows Phone stores on your smart phone. It’s FREE!
2. Open the app after it has been installed and hit “Sign up.” Enter your email address or sign up using your Facebook account
3. Create a username that is relevant for your Mannatech business. If you already have a Facebook Business Page and a Twitter account for your business, try to use the same username for all three social networks. Create a user name similar to “Your name_Mannatech” or “MannatechbyYourName.” There cannot be any spaces in your username.
4. Create a password.
5. Customize your profile with a photo.
6. Edit your profile by adding your shop link and information about your business in the bio section. You can even include the city in which you live.
7. Search for Mannatech on Instagram by clicking the magnifying glass icon (the second from the left icon at the bottom) and entering “mannatech.australia” in the search bar.
8. Click on Mannatech’s account (mannatechinc) and hit the “Follow” button.
9. Follow others: Search for friends, companies, organizations or other Instagram users by entering your search query into the search box. You can also find your Facebook friends or phone contacts that use Instagram by going to your profile (the silhouette icon in the bottom right corner), hitting the settings button (the gear/sprocket icon in the top right corner) and click “Find Facebook Friends” or “Find Contacts.”
10. Post a photo or video: Hit the blue and white Instagram camera icon at the bottom center of your screen.
11. Take a picture or a 15-second video clip. You can also upload a picture or a video that you have saved in your phone.
12. Now you can edit your image/video if you’d like. Use different filters and adjust the brightness, contrast and other aspects of the post to make it look better. Then hit “Next.”
13. Write a caption for your post. Use #hashtags when relevant to make your post more visible to anyone who searches that hashtag. Tag other Instagram users in your post by putting an “@” symbol in front of their username. You can even select to share it on your other social media sites like Facebook and Twitter. When you’re done, hit “Share.”
Now that you have an Instagram account, what should you post?
If you’ve created an Instagram business account as a Mannatech Associate, you are a representative of our brand and company. Just as Facebook Business Pages and Twitter business accounts enable you to share content; your goal is to post content that is relevant and engaging to your prospective clients. Share product images, videos or pictures at Mannatech events. Share posts of how Mannatech products have impacted your daily life.
Make sure that everything you share is honest, professional and based on information that Mannatech, Inc. shares with the public. Don’t forget to use #Mannatech on your posts!